Booking.com published a top 10 list of the best Polish museums as voted for by the website’s users.
There are not that many surprises there, the entire list – maybe just with a couple of exceptions – is what you would normally find in each decent guide to Poland.
I’m not exactly sure how the list was compiled (I suspect algorithmically, based on the ratings), but it’s still a great overview of what people visit in Poland – from the well-known places like Auschwitz or Malbork Castle, to less-known gems like Galicia Jewish Museum or Polish Aviation Museum.
Some usual suspects are missing though and some less traditional museums have also been skipped, but that’s why you have me to bring you the rest, no?
Here’s the entire Booking.com Top 10:
1. Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, Oswiecim
2. Warsaw Uprising Museum, Warsaw
3. Polish Aviation Museum, Krakow
4. Rynek Underground, Krakow
5. Majdanek National Museum, Lublin
6. Malbork Castle (Muzeum Zamkowe w Malborku), Malbork
7. Cracow Saltworks Museum, Wieliczka
8. Galicia Jewish Museum, Krakow
9. Jewish Museum and Synagogue Auschwitz, Oswiecim
10. Museum at Market Square (Muzeum Mista Krakowa), Krakow